My predictions for 2015:
- Smart home won’t rise as people are afraid as the majority of smart homes are vulnerable to hacking; From my point of view I don’t see the point to change a device that do the job without the ‘smart’ adjective
- 4K everything: exactly like the 3D, people won’t move to 4K as 99,99% of their TV channels won’t move to the 4K. I you worked for TV broadcasters you would have know that as they have just invested in the HD! Remember that only three full matches have been broadcasted in 4K during the 2014 FIFA World Cup™
- Wearables: Most Wearable Technology Has Been a Commercial Failure: Who would like a watch that isn’t working in the middle of the night ?!?
- Connected cars: Toyota sells 10 Mio cars a year, how many are connected? Who will pay extra fees to connect a car that is less smart than your smartphone, hard to perform a software-update and does not work without a Smartphone attached?
- Virtual reality gets real: 20 years ago I remember having read books and tested glasses. Where are we today? Nowhere!!! Who will buy VR glasses that make most of their users sick !!!
- 3D printers won’t reach the mass consumption even if they do great into fablabs, Coder Dojos, and researches centres; 3D printers are certainly the most important items to foster the creativity of the population and attract the kids to follow technical studies.
Let’s talk Jan 1, 2016 and see if we were close to the reality 🙂
PS: the paragraphes’ titles have been taken from a Mashable article: 5 tech trends that will dominate CES 2015
Awesome dialogue during Californication Season 7 Episode 2 when the team of writers take a lunch… I think I will stop taking pictures of my plates Continue reading