Dear readers, you might help me 🙂
I reached a Dead-End using Twitter Apps (https://apps.twitter.com) : I can’t grant read-write access to the mobile users of my application.
Whatever the support pages say it is not possible to change the permissions settings.
Here are the steps I have performed before writing this post;
Thank you for your help,
- I have setup a new application: https://apps.twitter.com
- I have filled the relevant information
- I received all the API Keys tokens (read-only permissions)
Now I want to set the permissions to “read-write”
- I open the Application > Permissions screen
- I click on “read and write” button (see picture below)
- I click on “Update settings”
I receive the following error message: “Error
You must add your mobile phone to your Twitter profile before granting your application write capabilities. Please read https://support.twitter.com/articles/110250-adding-your-mobile-number-to-your-account-via-web for more information”
- I follow the link
- I have sent SMS to the German and UK numbers
- I didn’t receive any response after more than 2 hours
I want to set my mobile phone number on this page: go to https://twitter.com/settings/devices (see picture below)
- I set the “phone number”
- I set the “mobile provider”
- I click on “Activate phone”
I receive this error : “Sorry, we don’t have a connection to your mobile provider yet!
Don’t worry, we’re on it and will let you know once things are set up. In the meantime, use one of our long codes. Learn more (https://support.twitter.com/articles/14226-how-to-find-your-twitter-short-code-or-long-code)”
THIS IS A DEAD END HERE, what should I do to achieve my goal: registering my phone number in order to grant read-write access to my mobile application