Here is my secret wish list for Microsoft Office since many years. Now I spend 5 minutes to share it and hoping some CxO at Microsoft will read it and dig into.
- in PowerPoint (and the others) I can set the language of a file including all components like tables or SmartArt simply by clicking on “tools > language > English (United Kingdom)”
- All shortcuts are identical between PC and MacOS
- in Word, Saving a file as a PDF don’t generate several files, one per section
- In PowerPoint, allowing us to colorise the text inside the notes
- Spelling and Grammar corrections to be available for each tool. Do you think such functionality is unnecessary on PowerPoint and Excel? or even inside the Macro?
- In Excel, I can set the same header and footer once for all worksheets
- On PC, reduce this ridiculous amount of keyboard keys to input to get to the properties of the file (I don’t use a mouse for years now, and very few the trackpad)
- Provide Visio for Mac OS X
- Provide the snippets of Vision on each Office tools
- in Excel, explain me why I can do a “copy paste special” during which I copy the Functions in each table to another column or line without losing the original formula. e.g. on A1 the formula is sum(B2..B25); I want to copy the same content’ function on another cell with hassle; how do I do that?
- On Mac OS X, using Word, correct the bug when we search for a text using a shortcut; the search doesn’t do anything ?!?
- In Word, allow us to change the template of the “View > citations” option. The references aren’t readable for a human being and a lot of manual work is required after each “Update Field > Update Entire Table” function
- In Word, it is impossible to remove a Link which is corrupted “Edit > Links” meaning that the source file is set to “NULL”. Click on “Break Link” doesn’t work!
- In a perfect world, a copy paste would just set the font of the added text to those of the current document; if no match is possible you could ask us which style to use
Voilà, this is a short version of my wish list; purist should understand what I mean here.
They are plenty of issues like those ones on Mac OS X, but here I must say that Mac OS is often the reason of the issue. e.g. even if I have removed all contacts from MS Office, Spotlight lists dozens of erased contacts on the list 😦
I will certainly install MS Office 2013 somewhere end of 2013; I hope that the migration won’t be aesthetic only