Contact us: http://www.alt-f1.be – info [at] alt-f1 [dot] be
Dear Student looking for an internship:
WHO ARE WE?
ALT-F1 is many talented people working together to deliver simple tools to our customer or partners.
Our approach is simple, pragmatic, straightforward, never jargony, and always insightful.
Read on about our family of brands and services to see what they could do for your company.
Our capabilities (See http://www.alt-f1.be)
- Management Consulting
- Enterprise architecture
- Business architecture
- Program /Project management
- Management of teams offshore / near shore
- Quality Assurance
- User interface testing
- Business model generation
- Website Analysis, Design, Development & Testing
- Facebook Preferred Developer Consultants
- Web Marketing Strategy
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROJECT
ALT-F1 is developing web applications planned to run on Google App Engine “on the cloud” to ensure high scalability of the system from the very beginning.
The application will help people to share objects and keep track of them; the development has started in May 2011 and will be released in June 2012.
The application has simple business requirements but the challenges remains on the software architecture as well as IT configuration management.
The experience gained during this development will be used
- To increase the experience of ALT-F1 and expand its value proposition
- To develop further business applications using the “cloud”
Help us to compare the different “cloud” providers based on selected Key Performance Indicators (KPI) e.g. Windows Azure, Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Google App Engine (GAE) or OVH Private Cloud. See further information: http://bit.ly/oRVsvr
This project demands significant involvement by the student. Ultimate success is highly dependent on your effort. To help achieve a smooth and successful implementation, it will be your responsibility, helped by the current team of two persons, to:
- Further develop the web application (implement maximum three business requirements) including the development of the interactions with the social networks (Facebook and maybe Twitter)
- To design the test framework and run the user and unit tests (maximum five business requirements)
- Document the billing model of based on the “consumption” of resources. See http://bitly.com/qg1MZA
We hope we can reach the two first goals.
IT ENVIRONMENT: SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE
The documentation, the source code, the servers are located « on the cloud » hosted by Google.
The student will use a laptop connected to Internet in order to develop, test and deploy the web application.
The technical architecture of the application is based on (see http://bitly.com/o8ZhDL):
|Google App Engine (GAE) v1.5.4
||Django FrameworkEmbedded into GAE v1.5.4
||Python v2.7For the web application
|Java or Python v2.7For the test framework
||Facebook Open Graph
||Twitter developers API
The student will have access to the following electronic libraries (See http://bitly.com/rsr6ex):
Further documentation is available on our website, it includes business requirements, technical requirements, etc. (http://bitly.com/osf0J2)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Students embarking their final year (Bachelor or a University degree) in
- Information Sciences or related
- Taking care to the ergonomics of the application
- Not afraid to start writing the test case before the source code
BENEFITS FOR THE STUDENT
When the project is complete, the application should be ready to be deployed as a Beta version. We do plan to hire up to two students having successfully graduated in 2012.
We are at your disposal if you need further information,